Scenes From A Long Run

9 Jun

AKA where I live doesn’t suck.  It was a beautiful morning, and for whatever reason, I had an urge to grab my phone and snap a few pictures along the way (like a real blogger!).

IMG_1648

My favorite hills.

IMG_1653

Random fields

IMG_1654

IMG_1655

Docks in town

IMG_1657

Vineyard overlooking the lake

IMG_1659

10 miles of this scenery didn’t feel like enough.  It was a great way to end the first week of marathon training.

Now I’m relaxing and watching the Hunger Games and just being a doof with my favorite idiot dog who has somehow managed to get rug burn or something on her nose.

puppy love

6 Responses to “Scenes From A Long Run”

1. Jess_A June 9, 2013 at 6:48 pm #

Looks like some beautiful running scenery, very peaceful. Enjoying the landscape is a big part of why I run also – thanks for sharing your pics.

• upstaterunner June 10, 2013 at 7:29 pm #

Even though I drive these roads every day, I always see something new when I run them … and they’re always just that much more beautiful too 🙂

2. HollieisFueledByLOLZ June 10, 2013 at 7:11 am #

This makes me miss our frolicking fun runs. That is all…also great blogging technique with the photography.

• upstaterunner June 10, 2013 at 7:29 pm #

Taking pics while I run like a champ! And I didn’t even die of embarrassment like I thought I would.

3. Laura June 10, 2013 at 11:57 am #

Yay for gorgeous happy long runs! Poor pup and rug burn on nose!

• upstaterunner June 10, 2013 at 7:30 pm #

I probably should feel bad but in the 6 months I’ve had her, she’s managed to get two bee stings on her nose and now this. Stop stickin’ your face where it doesn’t belong, duh!